Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Starting Line

I guess you could say I'm a little new to this whole blogging thing and to be completely honest I have no idea on what to write. I've actually never really been good at starting anything. It's always the most difficult part. Ever since I was young I was unusually talented when it came to reading and writing. I've always been sort of "gifted" academically in most subjects for that matter. The biggest problem I had was that I never really applied myself. I'm the kind of kid that tends to procrastinate and I'm awful at coming up with spur of the moment ideas. I love having the freedom to write about whatever I want but it takes me hours to pick a topic. For that reason I'm also the kid who needs a lot of direction because when I don't have it I just don't feel like trying. As soon as I get started with something though I'm on a roll and I no longer feel like I'm attempting some insurmountable task.
I'm hoping all of this gets easier with time and I find some niche I can start writing comfortably about. I actually want to know what kinds of junk everyone else wants to hear about. I'm sure I have plenty of life stories I could go on about but for me its all about keeping you interested and I'm sure that leaves me with plenty of different demographics that I'm attempting to entertain. Of course that means I won't be able to please everyone and a few of you probably won't give a crap or possibly just flat out hate the things I post. That's okay though. As much as I'd like to think my purpose here is to keep you interested, it's really all meant for my growth as a writer. If I manage to make you laugh, cry, or maybe even piss you off in the process then all the better for me.
Throughout this I know I need to find out my own writing style but I'm anticipating that it will end up being a lot like my mother's. At least I hope that's the case. She's very witty yet at times she can be quite raw, deep, and even depressing. Even her Facebook statuses are a masterpiece. Everyone who is her friend on there looks forward to their daily dose of Amy. It's generally pretty pee-your-pants-worthy. (My apologies to anyone who is made to feel awkward easily. My brain doesn't really grasp that.) Well enough about my mom, I just felt I should say she's my inspiration and for that reason you should all take a look at her blog.
Now that I've covered all the boring stuff I think I'll rant for a while. Right now I'm procrastinating and it's really pretty terrible. I have a lovely drawing project due tomorrow and I lack the capability of moving my hand on paper and actually making it look like something recognizable. So instead I sit here watching food network, Iron Chef to be exact, and being extremely disgusted by the pile of about 50 suckling pigs that need to be incorporated into their dishes. It's enough to make me go back to being a vegetarian. Good thing I made pancakes for supper and I don't have to think about it for a while. Did I mention I'm procrastinating? At least I'm finishing this up. Then I'll be off to clean my bathrooms, do the dishes, and clean the litter box. Why yes, I am a cat person. Don't talk to me about how cats are gross and dogs are better. I disagree and I'd rather have a band aid and some neosporin from an unpredictable cat then a face reconstruction surgery from an unpredictable dog. I've realized that most of this has lost all structure and I am doing exactly what I said...ranting.
I think I've covered quite a bit for tonight and maybe next week you'll get my ultra-exciting life story. Hopefully you made it all the way through this thing and hopefully I find some interesting things of yours to read. Now I'd really like to make my way to "dreamland" but it looks like I've got some chores to finish. Until next time, have a fabulous time in the blogging world.



2 comments:

  1. I think pretty much all of us are new at this blogging thing, but your not doing to bad. I did feel really bad for you in your first blog, but things could be worse. You always got to look on the bright side! Plus im sure you can do WAY better then him, sounds like he doesn't deserve you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my blog as kind of a diary. I just write about the most interesting and exciting things in my life...even though I am a very boring person.

    ReplyDelete